Friday, March 2, 2012

All I got was a piece of dead cow...

I really wanted steak today. I wanted one yesterday, too, but I couldn't come up with a place to go to. I am by no means a fan of meat, but every once in a while, I just want steak, ok? It didn't feel or sound right to go buy a piece of something and prepare it myself (no grill in Minnesota in March), so we decided to go out. We chose Olives, a really nice place in the downtown area (I'd personally move them out of the hotel building they're in, but I don't think anyone's asking for advice, really) and all I got was - a piece of dead cow. No, I'm not turning orthodox vegetarian and calling steak names, it's just that they overcooked my poor New York Strip to the point where it resembled a shoe sole of some sort. Meh. I hate things that bleed on my plate, but I don't really eat rubber either. No idea what happened because last time we were there, my well done piece of cow was really pretty damn good. As for its size, the little chirpy waitress either horribly lied about 10-12 ounces of meat, or the process of cooking squeezed not only life out of the cut, but some odd 7 ounces as well. I also learned I shouldn't really ask for substitutes often either, because they replaced a baked potato with some sauteed vegetable mush I didn't even touch. Ick!

So that's my steak frustration of the day. 

Here. I stole something from the internet. I bet it tastes better than my dinner!

I guess today was overall a very bad food day. I've been lazy this week so there was no homemade lunch today and I had to forage for food around noon (unfortunately, my March schedule forces me to believe I am hungry at least an hour too early). I went to the Coffee Hag and got all excited about their salad of the day: Pad Thai! The ingredients sounded just right; they were exactly what I wanted. I took a bowl (cheap!) and drove home and then: BAM. Cilantro. Freaking cilantro everywhere. Blergh. I can't think of a flavour more repulsive than that damn herb. I ended up eating Noodle&Co's Bangkok Curry. Yay for junk food. If anyone wants a serving of Cilantropad Thai, please have at it. It's in my fridge (should I take another photo?), probably waiting for a raccoon to munch on it. 

And this is all I have to say on this great day. Or night. Perhaps evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment