Saturday, August 25, 2012

3D/4D Ultrasound Festivities

I mentioned the other day that we gave in and scheduled an appointment at this... awkward place. I mean, the place itself looks fine, it was the idea that sounded a bit weird to me: I'm used to seeing ultrasound machines at doctors' offices, which this place was not. I do assume that the person performing the scan did have some sort of medical background, or at least it sounded like he knew what he was saying. 

So, yup. I spent about half an hour in a weird, but comfy bed in a dark room inside of an office building in Bloomington. Derek and his mom were with me. We could have purchased some whatever internet access package thing, too, and had my family watch the whole thing live, too, but that really would have been too much, right? Eventually, we went home with a CD full of pictures, DVD with the whole session on it (very cute, actually, despite some cheesy music) and some printed scans. They gave me some junk from Similac, too, and I managed to refuse a bunch of formula coupons and a baby bottle. It just didn't look all that good/special and I still hope I won't really need any... at least for a long time.

At this point, there really shouldn't be any surprises: all the boy parts are still there. The kiddo measured about 40 centimeters today and, according to the ultrasound guy, that's pretty long. Longer than normal? Our baby? Weird. He also seems to have big feet. Our baby? Weird. And there was, apparently, some hair on his head. Weird again! We were glad to see a round piggy nose, though. Well, I was. I'm scared of that big thing on Derek's face!

Here are some pictures of the little guy:




And here's one of his huge foot!

He seems to enjoy hiding behind his arms and chewing on his foot. Weirdo. He was also breech, facing towards my left hip. Hm. This is getting a little bit frustrating, I suppose. Every single time someone looks in there, he's in a different position. I suppose breech won't be the last one, because I really don't want a C-section. Yes, I know it can happen for several reasons, but I suppose I can still not want one, right?

The whole ultrasound experience and its weird setting was actually kind of nice. I can't say it wasn't worth it. It is definitely different than a scan you get at a doctor's office. I suppose I'd recommend this to others, too. 

The rest of the day, we shopped at IKEA and drove around. And ate. I might've gained about a kilo in 10 days and I have to admit it bothers me a little. I've not changed my eating habits and I do understand that the majority of it has gone towards the little guy, butbutubutbut.

Oh, btw, we think the name we have for him still fits him.

No comments:

Post a Comment