Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Burn. Burn. Buuuuuuuuuuurn!

Nah, I'm not turning into a pyromaniac. I've just been bored. And fat. So I've decided to go back to the gym and kill some boredom by burning some fat off. I've not gained anything since I quit daily exercise, but I've not lost anything either. And that is teh suck.

Cyanide and Happiness is one of my favourite things ever!

I think I've already complained about how there's not much for me to do here in our little town. I think I've already complained about how there are no exercise classes for me to take, unless I quit my job and start attending pilates at 10 in the morning, or perhaps noon. 

Remember the cycling class I mentioned? Well, that didn't work out. I was excited to go and when I finally got there, I became excited to leave. I actually jumped off the machine and walked out after about 30 minutes. It made no sense. Two of us were new, yet the instructor couldn't care less. She showed us how to adjust the seats and that was about it. The rest of the class she kept using abbreviations and some weird lingo only an experienced cyclist would figure out. Oh well. I could barely hear her anyway because she had some lovely Guns N' Roses from the '90s playing in the background. Uh, yeah, sorry. It was not the music, it was us in the background. They also had six huge fans running and there was not a single spot in that little exercise room where you could hide from the tornado they were making. So I left. What really sealed the coffin for me, on top of all other things that were wrong, was the darkness of the room. Yup. She turned the lights off, too. What for? Well, that I do not know.

After the cycling fiasco, I had to sit down and think about my exercise life. So I did. 

I've been dragging my big butt to the Y every single day for about ten days now. I've not gone twice, but both days I got more than enough exercise raking the lawn and cleaning the house. So that counts for something, too, I suppose. I've also signed up for this thingie and made it my slave. Yup. It does the hard work for me, which is what I used to do by myself for a long, long time. Well, okay, it does not really do all of it, but it's still pretty good - it has issues with homemade meals, of course, since it was developed in the Land of the Box. But I still like it and we might be best friends... forever. Or for as long as it takes to get the remaining piles of lard shaken off my ballerina body.  (Yes, you do have the right to die laughing here.)


It's been fun and I'm glad to see some progress already. It seems I've lost about 1.3 kilos (2.9 pounds) in 9 days. Good enough, or actually pretty damn good, considering the fact that I put .5 kg (1 pound) a week as my goal. Yup, I know it will slow down in just a few weeks and I know I'll once more get frustrating counting the loss of centimeters and no progress in the weight department, but oh well. 

No stopping until my butt gets back into Levi's size 29.


(Okay, okay. I will settle for 30, but that's only because I wore 29 when I was 17 for the first time around. I still weighed a ton, but that's just an unresolved mystery. :LOLZ; :ROFLZ: :LMAOZ: :MEOW:)

P.S. Tonight I made friend with one of the gym's ellipticals (a.k.a. Orbitrek). About time. I am so proud of my disorganized limbs. That's one small step for my today's workout, one giant leap for the future of it. Yes, I just felt like being pathetic. :drumroll:  (I'll make you my bitch, Elliptical. Just you wait.)

P.P.S. Yes, shoot me if, say, all of a sudden I start running. :insert_a_big_lol_here:

No comments:

Post a Comment