Monday, November 21, 2011

Unfinished... everything?

I am the master of unfinished... everything.  It's kind of hard to keep track of everything I think of. Or things I start. Things I think about starting. Things I start thinking about. Or even of one small part of any of the above. Sometimes I wonder if I have some sort of ADHD-like issues. 

And that, I might.

Now... what is she trying to come up with, again?!
Over a year ago, we bought a house. Way bigger than what we need(ed). It was back then when I decided I was going to have a studio. My own studio! A craft room. So I picked the smallest of rooms, this one here:


Nobody died in there - that was just a pile of furniture hiding under the blanket. A year or so later, I finally redecorated the room. I admit - we paid someone to paint the walls. I was going to do it myself and then I didn't. Oops. I did pick my own colors and I bought them too. Dragged them all the way home. Or, well, I drove.

And here is the final product, at least in terms of color. Everything else is still in the works. I add, remove, change, reorganize, disorganize, erase, draw... I suppose the whole room is just an ongoing process and might never be done. This is what my (non)creative mess looks like:


Things are just lying around, I know. Some I know where to put, some I have no clue about. Some probably don't even belong in this room. What I am really proud of, everything in it was really cheap and was collected at random clearance sales. I suppose that's another thing that adds to the whole ongoing process story. And that's also the reason the room is, at the same time, sensical and nonsensical. It's probably my little girl room I never really had. For some things, I guess, it is never too late.

This could be one of the few finished projects in the room - a cheap shelf I found at Target, some random little figurines of bugs and two plush toys from, possibly-maybe, Walmart clearance sale:


Unfinished project #1 - a puzzle. I put it together, but never mounted onto a wall of some sort, or even the panel it is resting on. Oops. 


Then there are things with unfinished frames or unfinished... layout ideas:



Mini Trikky do-it-yourself doesn't seem to be doing himself at all. I suppose he, too, is waiting for my magic touch.


And then, finally, another thing I did finish. Curtains. I measured, cut, designed... did everything myself. They were hand-sewn because I am sewing machine impaired. Or, well, I never bothered to learn how to use one. That needs to change, too. Eventually.


Kittica enjoys sneaking into that room and exploring all the junk. I bet she does. But this is kind of how she feels about it:


There is yet another thing I thought I would love doing. Actually, I am pretty sure I would. I just can't seem to start. It's a book I bought about a month ago, during our trip to Des Moines/Kansas City. I found it at a small local gift store. Or some sort everything store. There was a hyperactive girl in it and she tried hard to start up a random conversation with me. I admit, sometimes I am a sucker for those, but it didn't really work out with her. I left with this book and, sadly, it's still lying around... just as blank as it was when I first got it.

Soon I will tackle this one, I promise. (Hm. What happens if I don't?)
And here is another (ADHD-like) confession to make: I signed up for (yet another) project tonight. Yup. Thanks to Petra from Bag of Pretty, I stumbled upon a website - The Sketchbook Project: Limited Edition. And then I signed up for it. I have to admit I have no clue when, exactly, the deadline is (perhaps April 30th?), but it did let me sign up and it did say they were going to send me my notebook. Whee! I mean, okay, even if I am late for this year, I suppose it would still work for next year, right? Or, if it all fails, I guess it's still a nice donation to something really cool.

Either way, there just has to be something that will make me start drawing again. I must be getting very rusty.

No comments:

Post a Comment