Friday, January 13, 2012

I fail at updating this blog!

I absolutely do, but when I think about it, there's not all that much to talk about. Or sometimes I actually could say a lot, but then choose not to, for this or that reason. Usually it's something about privacy - there sure are various things going on that I could discuss (err, rant about, probably all by myself), but I kind of think they don't really belong on the Internet, out in the open like this. So maybe someday I'll go back and talk about old news and nobody will care and everything will be just fine, as usual! 

I've been a little bit angry lately because I feel like I don't have enough time for anything. It just feels a lot harder to synchronize a full-time job, part-time school, gym and all the everyday house-related chores. I've done similar things before, but it was back home in Croatia and it all seemed easier. Work eats at least nine hours of my poor day which, despite my constant demands (huh, who do I actually send them to?), still lasts only 24 hours. I wish I could trade my lunch hour in and either leave early or come in late because, as it is right now, this is just a waste of my time, as well as my gas money. Sure, I could sit at work, but that's just too depressing. Walking around in this cold for an hour is kind of ridiculous, but even in summer I feel a little bit awkward when I go for a walk because pretty much nobody else ever does. Downtown, at least. I don't know if there are some weird trails or other places designated for something as simple as walking. 

Cooking and grocery shopping are (also) my fault, but I am not willing to change those. I could always cut down on cooked meals and start eating various boxes, but I simply refuse to. Same with grocery shopping - with the type of foods we eat, I usually need to go to the store at least twice a week and, on top of that, I need to visit multiple locations because I can't get all my stuff at the same spot. Grrr. But again, I guess, this is my choice. I keep telling myself that this is for the better so, whatever, I get angry and then try to shrug it off. 

School. Well. School seems to be for kids and/or unemployed only. This is my fifth semester at MSU, or so I think, yet I've been only through a handful of classes. I sure do hope that the degree I'll get when I turn, say, 70, will be of some use! I wish I could take more classes, even moreso because I find school to be extremely easy (and quite often boring), but it just doesn't work with a full-time job schedule. Or any schedule that doesn't leave you free as a bird at odd hours, such as 1 or 3 pm. Every once in a while, there's something available in the evenings, too, so I try my best to get into those classes, at least. This semester, I'm taking Desktop Publishing and, oddly enough, I love it. This is probably because the professor is really, really awesome.

Hmm. What else is new, or just random enough to be mentioned here? The gym's fine. It's been busier than before this whole New Year's thing, but it's doable. It was horrible for a few days right after the holidays, but even two weeks into the new year, most of the supposedly-enthusiastic newcomers can hardly ever be seen. Good. For me, not so much for them. It looks like most people don't particularly care for my favourite elliptical either, so I'm usually good to go. I am now over 1/4 (and a bit!) of the way to my final weightloss goal and it's been (only) two months and nine days. Way to go, me. I mean, way to go, bitch, and yes, you can do better. Rawr! We'll think about all the Samsonite material later, ok? I'll be handing out some coin pouches when I'm done for good. 

I think I'll go to Ikea tomorrow because I haven't been there since... hmm, some months ago. I think it was mid September last time I gave the Swedish people some money. I need one bowl, yes, exactly one bowl - I dropped one of them a few weeks back while doing the dishes with a pair of icky rubber gloves on my wounded hands. Isn't it worth the trip? C'mon, who wouldn't drive some odd 130-ish kilometers (one way!) to get a couple dollars worth of a bowl... along with all those other things that just randomly fall into your cart and somehow leave the store with you, once you leave half your paycheck at the checkout? But, yeah, I need stuff. I have a huge project in mind, too, but it's way too early for that one. So for now, I need to just hold my horses. 

I also need an easel, but I have no clue which one to buy. It needs to be really sturdy and heavy, too, because I want to work on a few huge formats. I suppose I need to research some art-supply companies from this side of the world and find something that fits my budget, as well as my studio-craft room. I've been horribly lazy and I haven't produced anything in forever. Oops. This also reminds me of The Sketchbook Project, which I need to start working on, too. My notebook arrived some time ago and I've not yet used it. Oops, again. Actually, I haven't even picked my theme yet either. 

Bad, bad, bad. But I'll get better, I promise.

As far as the easels go, I'd like something like this (shitty picture, but I have to admit I got lazy looking for another one):


No comments:

Post a Comment