Friday, January 20, 2012

To run, or not to run?

Actually, it's not that big a dilemma. If exercising on an elliptical machine is running, even a tiny bit, then I have been running for over two months. If it isn't, then I haven't been doing it, but I sure am considering it as a possibility. Treadmills still make me feel really weird, kind of like bordering on dizzy, so I guess I either need to start running in circles (I'm not even joking - our local Y has some weird indoors walkway that can be used for running) or I'll have to wait for some better weather. Hm. Tough one, I guess, especially since I think running is boring. But it's good for me and I've already been through just about any and all other options in our little town.

I bought a pair of sneakers yesterday, trail-running kind, and now I'm not sure if I should keep them. Okay, I wasn't sure if I should buy them in the first place, but:
a) I liked them - I was drawn to them immediately because of their color and shape
b) they were very reasonably (under)priced
c) I tried them on and they fit nicely
d) I don't have a pair of actual running shoes that fit nicely at all

But, there's also an e), I suppose, too: I don't run. Yet, at least.

Derrrrrp.

Okay, so what do I do? I own a pair of really good Nike sneakers which I love for my elliptical/AMT workouts, but they are not good for running, or just about anything with a lot of impact. Or any impact at all, as they have just about no cushioning. What's really nice about them is that they weigh almost nothing. Then I have a pair of supposedly-running Nike sneakers, but they are running a bit too small if I run or overall move too fast. Or maybe not small per se, but they're not particularly comfortable either. I bought them a long time ago, on some sale, and they seemed to fit okay (because I didn't know any better). I still use them at the gym here and there. My third pair was something really cheap, I don't' even know the brand. These should probably get donated because I've never fallen in love with them. No chemistry between us, I suppose.

So I brought this new pair home last night and now they're sitting in a box, waiting for me to figure out what I want done with them. They fit nicely, like I said, but I am still pretty unsure about their size. I know you should wear a size bigger shoes for running, yet this are pretty much half a size smaller than what I'd normally buy. I usually wear 8.5, sometimes 8, and these Adidas thingies ended up being a full 8. And they fit nicely, even with some extra room all over. They didn't have any other sizes in that style, but I tried a pair of very similar ones and 8.5 seemed weird, loose and uncomfortable.

Aaaaaaaa. How do I figure this out, without keeping a pair of shoes that'll just end up being a nice accessory or a random pair of something to wear to the grocery store, or when I go biking, or whatever? (They are pretty damn cool, but I don't need another pair of random something, especially since I bought two other things on sale just a week ago. Uh. Less than a week ago. Okay, nevermind, now I'm just revealing my shoe-buying addiction.)

Anyway, here are the shoes:


Keep? Return? Run? Not run? Btw, wouldn't you keep something that goes by the name of Galaxy Incision?

Aaaaaaaa. Headexplode.


Yes, I fully realize I have nothing better to do, other than to think about a pair of sneakers so much that they end up on my (pointless) blog. But one's gotta do what they gotta do. If it kills time, why not, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment